For my son, when he grows up, this site will be my legacy for him. The decisions his mother and I made for him, to understand them, to learn from them and to lead a life without prejudice and to succeed in it on his own merit.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Scholars without a ship to sail

Scholarships are now granted to deservingly straight A's students. Automatic if you scored 9 A's. The government decision to approve or agreed to such conditions are not out of any analysis or foresights planning, but was done out of public pressures. Students, non-bumi's especially, have been getting the raw deal from the many stories one heard from friends and relatives.

Question:- Do our government have to bow to pressures before deciding on the most logical and feasible thing to do?

Another question:- Didn't our government or leaders appoint qualified ministers to cast in the most workable solutions to our nation's education system and criteria for scholarship's award?

I tend to think, wait, or am I really allowed to anyway, that a minister is there just to look good and make ceremonious appearances, giving grand speeches, presenting datas or solving issues on ad-hoc basis. Any projects or implementation must derive some publicity to make their tenure look good instead of setting in place long term solutions.

I simply have to make it on my own and continue paying my taxes for what it's worth. Maybe that same minister is wearing a gold watch that I indirectly and unwittingly paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment